Friday, March 6, 2009

Subjective

So here is my little rant....so I have come to the conclusion that...well I didnt just come to this conclusion but it was once again reinforced after I received my paper back from my class. Judging/Grading writing is subjective! You cannot judge someone's papers objectively besides grammer...I mean it just is not possible. How can you say that something is not right or "too wordy" etc when it is someone's story! I mean I handed in that paper I wrote about how having a baby has changed my life and she crossed out some things saying I needed to make it shorter or too wordy...HELLO it is MY story so how can you say it is bad?? I really just dont get it...I felt the same way when I was in a creative writing class...how can you say something is bad writing besides if it has bad grammer??? I just dont get it...it would just mean you DONT LIKE it, not that it is bad. Whatev I guess. I mean it isnt a BIG deal, just kinda annoying...

For example, if you read my paper in the previous posts, she crossed out the part in the first paragraph when I said The next thing I heard from the ultrasound technician was music to my ears. “You are going to have a boy.” Those words were the most exciting news I had heard in a while. I had wanted a baby boy!

Ok maybe she wouldnt have put that, but that was part of my story so I had that in there...lol there is my little rant.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

pff, yah i understand! I don't get it either.. besides.. that was one of my favourite parts... if its part of the story then why leave it out...PLUS... has she ever read Anne of Green Gables... now that is wordy.. and i LOVE it..

Britt said...

I'm with you 100%.